Monday, December 31, 2012

The PowerBook is Mightier Than the Pen

I first began writing with any sense of serious purpose in 1996 when I was a junior in high school. Shortly after getting on board with The Arizona Republic as a youth reporter, my editor gave me the opportunity to be a regular humor columnist. That's when I saw what kind of impact I could have on people's lives - which is to say little to none. But if you put on a nice shirt and tie, you can stage a photograph that makes you appear somewhat important. Here, you'll find a collection of current and archival pieces that I have written for both this site and also for actual publications that matter. Remember, the views published within these writings do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

RANDOM ARTICLE PROJECT
Have you ever clicked the RANDOM ARTICLE button on Wikipedia?

PUBLISHED WRITING

CNN.com :: 'Conan': The second episode
CNN.com :: Coco returns: The live-blog, with exclusive opener
CNN.com :: Shooting John Leguizamo
CNN.com :: Interview with an unknown legend
CNN.com :: South Africa :: Climbing Table Mountain a must
CNN.com :: South Africa :: Sea sickness and shark diving
CNN.com :: South Africa :: Good timing, Good Hope
CNN.com :: South Africa :: Sipping through South Africa
CNN.com :: South Africa :: Finding comfort with the creatures...
CNN.com :: South Africa :: High security in Jo'burg
CNN.com :: South Africa :: And Jarrett's destination is...
CNN.com :: South Africa :: Let's ruin my perfectly good vacation
CNN.com :: All Good Festival 2009 :: Wrap
CNN.com :: All Good Festival 2009 :: Saturday Madness
CNN.com :: All Good Festival 2009 :: Buckethead
CNN.com :: All Good Festival 2009 :: Saturday Morning Update
CNN.com :: All Good Festival 2009 :: Friday Morning Update
CNN.com :: All Good Festival 2009 :: Thursday Arrival
CNN.com :: Big Damn Band Brings Troubles Home
CNN.com :: Ticket Prices Affect Bands in Tough Economy
JamBase.com :: Hot Tuna at Variety Playhouse
BootsnAll.com :: My Travels with Andre

ORIGINAL ESSAYS
C-C-C-C-Crazy!
The High Court
Git 'er Done!
Scuba Diving
Hot Dogs n' Samplin'
Soccer? I Hardly Know Her
Baltimore: The City that Reads!
Longest... Concert... Ever. Confirmed.
On Being Home (Part 1 of 3): The Inside Approach
On Being Home (Part 2 of 3): Treasures
On Being Home (Part 3 of 3): The Friendly Skies
Apparently, Size Does Matter


2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are quickly becoming one of my favorite people to read.
keep it up, yo.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger slatedawg said...

what's up, just discovered the site I dig it. Looks like things are going well. I am jealous you and my bro are headed to vietnam to bang 14 yr old virgins, sounds like fun. Let me know when you can make it to the rocky mountains so we can make some turns. I am going to keep checking out the website and I hope to talk to you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home